Strategies to Combat Cold Stress
1. Feed more total milk replacer solution per feeding.
2. Incorporate an extra feeding into the daily feeding schedule.
3. Add Milk Energizer fat supplement (60% fat) to the current feeding schedule.
1. Feed ample amounts of high quality colostrum at birth to minimize disease challenges.
2. Make sure newborns are completely dry prior to exposure to cold temperatures.
3. Provide ample amounts of clean, dry bedding.
4. Provide a draft-free environment.
5. Consider calf jackets.